Reverend Nathan C. Walker, the associate director of the Religious Freedom Center of the Newseum Institute, partnered with Lyal S. Sunga in publishing a policy report for the International Development Law Organization titled, Promoting and Protecting the Universal Right to Freedom of Religion or Belief through Law: Current Dilemmas and Lessons Learned.
The project was commissioned and financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Italian Republic and presented at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Switzerland in March 2014 and in Rome, Italy in the Spring of 2015.
Responders to the report included:
- Maurizio Enrico Serra, Ambassador of Italy to the United Nations in Geneva
- Irene Khan, Director-General, International Development Law Organization
- Heiner Bielefeldt, UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion and Belief
- Silvio Ferrari, Professor of Law and Religion, University of Milan
- Brian J. Grim, President, Religious Freedom & Business Foundation
- Rita Izsák, UN Human Rights Council Independent Expert on minority issues